Wednesday, June 01, 2005

French Vacuum Train Sucks

Why do the French hate America?

A French-made vacuum train used to clean the subway tracks derailed early yesterday morning, totally f---ing up the F tracks half a station away from mine.

I ran to work yesterday, but the "extensive" damage (150 feet of rail dislodged, etc.) means I had to take the geriatric "R" train to work today. And will have to run to work every day, because the R takes twice as long as running.

No doubt the MTA will eventually admit that it was driving the car too fast.

But for now, I'll just do what feels right, and blame the French.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SCARE BLEU! I blame the Huguenots.

Anonymous said...

I left my house at 6:40 on Tuesday morning and headed to the F Train. When I got there, the one-eyed AMNY free newspaper hander-outer guy was like, "Miss, I think the train isn't running. I suggest you go take the 2 or the 3." After I died of shock I accepted his free newspaper and walked alllllllllll the way to the 2/3 at Cadman Plaza and I got to work at 7:30. It's only supposed to be a 15 min ride from my house! It's not fair!

But, I dunno what's wrong with Litvak. Cuz I managed to hop on an F train this morning and it was just fine.

Anonymous said...

God bless America and pass the Metrocards!