Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What kind of kid likes kosher hot dogs? I do.

NYT (of course-- what else do I read?) has a great piece about NY hot dogs.
Mmmmm

One surprising bit is that almost all NY hot-dog-eterias serve the same Sabrett dogs!

If you have any love for the dog, this article will make your stomach roar and fill your mind with learnin'. Oh, man, it brought a tear to my eye.

When I was a little bitty baby, there was a period of about a year during which I refused to eat pretty much anything other than peas and hot dogs.

Then I had my aversion phase--maybe until high school or later-- when I hated hot dogs, and peas, as well as mustard, sauerkraut, tomatoes, egg yolks, avocado, broccoli, spinach, horseradish, brussel sprouts, smelly cheeses, yogurt, mushrooms, and a dozen other things that I now love.

Never got over my distaste for cottage cheese, though, if you must know. That stuff is nasty.

I only came back to hot dogs in a big way this past year because there's a Mike's Papaya on Church and Reade near the A/C stop.

Now they haunt me with their nitratey goodness.
I'm partial to mustard and sauerkraut, and pass on the fruit drink.
Never has manna been so suspiciously inexpensive.

No comments: